Distributed Systems With Docker Swarm
No video of the event yet, sorry!
Recent versions of Docker support a clustering feature called swarm. Swarm allows a set of machines running Docker to form a cluster. Together with Docker Compose, swarm simplifies the task of deploying a set of services to multiple hosts and provides DNS based service discovery and load balancing without the need to run additional software.
During this talk you'll learn how to:
- Package applications as docker images
- Deploy multiple containers together using compose
- Use swarm mode to communicate between containers
- Scale your system to multiple machines
A full demo of the running system will be included.
This talk assumes basic knowledge of Linux, but does not assume prior experience with containers. A GitHub repo with all source code referenced during the talk will be provided.
- 2017 October 6 - 14:00
- 50 min
- Room 1113
- Seattle GNU/Linux Conference 2017